Thank you for choosing to be part of my community at Beth Heath Design. I am committed to protecting your
personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about my notice, or my
practices with regards to your personal information, please contact me at email@example.com.
By providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you are over 18 years of age. Beth Heath Design is the
data controller and responsible for your personal data.
Elizabeth Heath trading as Beth Heath Design
Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 65 Norton Street, Manchester, M167GR
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.
uk). I would be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you make informed decisions about sharing your
personal information with me.
2. WHAT DATA DO I COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised
data. I may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
3. HOW DO I COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
I only collect data about you through direct interactions, such as:
• Email request
• Phone call
• Request for feedback
• Information shared with me documents/attachments
4. HOW DO I USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
I only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
I may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: I may process your data if you have given me specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: I may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where I have entered into a contract with you, I may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: I may disclose your information where I am legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: I may disclose your information where I believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which I am involved.
The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where I need to perform the contract between us
- Where I need to communicate with you about your work
- Where I need to contact you about managing payments
- Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where I need to supply a reference
- To post testimonials (prior to posting I would obtain consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact me.)
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing me at email@example.com.
Change of purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which I collected the data, I will notify you and I will explain the legal ground of processing. I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
5. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
6. HOW LONG DO I KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
I will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this policy will require me keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years.
When I have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will either delete it, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. DATA SECURITY
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on my instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
You can see more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take me longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.
9. DO I COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
I do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If I learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, I will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data I have collected from children under age 18, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe I am unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
11. DO I MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
I may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If I make material changes to this privacy notice, I may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. I encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how I am protecting your information.
12. CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA I’VE COLLECTED?
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com. If you have signed up to receive marketing emails, there will be a link at the bottom of each that allows you to update your profile as well as unsubscribe.
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information I collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.